At times like these, employment benefit packages are often the deciding factor for attracting new talent and retaining current staffing. Any business, whether a local operation, a national or even international brand, requires experienced employment law attorneys to help guide the process of assessing and managing employee benefits options.
The process of determining a viable package for your business need not be overwhelming. The employee benefits attorneys at Beckemeier LeMoine Law will work with you to create a combination of benefits that balance cost-effectiveness with attracting and retaining the right talent for your business. Benefit Plans can be complicated and hard to understand, but with a keen understanding of the various options and a passion to help build a plan that works for each client, our lawyers will help you sort through the options to choose the best plan for your company.
At Beckemeier LeMoine Law, we will guide your company through the process of developing, assessing, and modifying employee benefits plans to address current and future staffing needs. These plans include:
- Qualified deferred compensation plans (Pension & Profit Sharing / 401(k) Plans)
- Non-qualified deferred compensation plans
- Health and welfare benefit plans
- Executive compensation programs
- Equity-based compensation programs, including stock options, phantom stock plans and stock appreciation rights
- Executive welfare benefits plans
The process need not be daunting. Once you’ve decided on a plan, our employee benefits lawyers can help your business implement and administer these benefit plans to ensure you are in full compliance with all state and federal laws.
Employee Benefits Services
You want to attract and retain talent while also keeping the cost of your employment benefits plans low in order to efficiently operate and grow your business. At Beckemeier LeMoine Law, we walk you through all the options, with a keen eye to your geographic and brand competition. Let our employee benefits lawyers help your team assess and implement a benefits plan that works for you. We have the skill and knowledge to:
- Design, draft, implement, and maintain qualified pension and profit-sharing plans including ESOPs, 401(k) plans, and complex defined benefit plans
- Correct any plan errors through correction methods, such as the Internal Revenue Service voluntary compliance resolution and closing agreement programs and the Department of Labor delinquent filer voluntary correction program
- Facilitate mergers and terminations of qualified retirement plans, including soliciting approval of terminations from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC)
- Advise health plans as they relate to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) and the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (“COBRA”)
- Advise clients of periodic law and administrative regulation changes that impact employee benefit plans
- Represent clients during Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, and Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation audits
- Advise clients regarding employee benefit programs during the course of mergers and acquisitions, including due diligence, contract negotiation and drafting
- Negotiate and draft investment management agreements for investments funding retirement plans and for service contracts with third party administrators
- Advise clients regarding ESOPs used for leverage buyouts and business acquisitions
- Represent employers in connection with withdrawals from multi-employer plans and mitigation of withdrawal liability
Attracting and maintaining talented executives often depends on executive compensation packages that set you apart from your geographic and brand competition. At Beckemeier LeMoine Law, we guide you through deciding how to devise executive packages that work for you and attract the best in your field. Our attorneys will help prepare nonqualified deferred compensation and executive compensation arrangements, and:
- Design, draft, and implement nonqualified, deferred and executive compensation plans, including equity compensation plans (stock option, restricted stock and phantom stock) and 457(b) and (f) plans for tax-exempt and governmental organizations
- Advise regarding complex Section 409A rules
- Design performance-based arrangements that are exempt from the $1 million deduction limit
- Design deferred compensation arrangements that are exempt from or to mitigate the impact of golden parachute excise taxes
We also are available to provide:
- Representation of joint trusteed multi-employer and government retirement systems
- Litigation support for ERISA conflicts including fiduciary liability claims, subrogation claim, under medical plans and collection matters
Pension and Welfare Plans as Fund and Fiduciary Counsel
Once your pension and welfare plans are devised and established, Beckemeier LeMoine Law can provide legal services to ensure these funds are properly funded and administered. Our employee benefits attorneys will explore just how to ensure your collectively bargained Taft-Hartley and government sponsored pension, welfare, and other benefit funds are maintained and administered according to all statutory and administrative regulations.
Representation Regarding Taft Hartley Benefits Plans
Employee benefit plans are regulated by a range of federal laws–Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Internal Revenue Code, COBRA, HIPPA, the Pension Protection Act, the Affordable Care Act—and state laws. Understanding and interpreting these regulations requires legal acumen and experience. At Beckemeier LeMoine, our employee benefits lawyers can help with all aspects related to participation in and service as a trustee of a Taft-Hartley Plan: review of plan documents, providing counsel regarding funding and contribution requirements, assisting in resolving trustee disputes (deadlocks), and representing employers with contribution and bargaining concerns.
Whether developing, reviewing, or revising an employee benefits plan, the attorneys at Beckemeier LeMoine Law are here to educate and guide you through this complex process. We have the tools and experience to devise and implement employee benefits plans that attract and retain the talent you need to grow your business.
Are you ready to discuss your unique corporate employee benefits plan needs? At Beckemeier LeMoine Law, we have a rich history of experience helping our clients solve their legal problems. If you need legal assistance, contact us online or call us at 314-965-2277